- 4 servings (2144g)
- 1 hour 10 minutes
- Vegetarian, gluten-free
NUTRITION PER SERVING (536g)
42P / 35C / 7F / 8 fiber
DLD Vegetable “Lasagna”
8g olive oil
200g carrots, diced
260g mushroom, diced
160g onion, diced
430g no sugar added traditional Italian pasta sauce (Prego)
Dash of salt
½ tsp each oregano & basil
540g 2% fat cottage cheese
148g roasted red peppers(from a jar)
2 cloves garlic
75g egg whites
232g zucchini, sliced thin lengthwise
235g Palmini heart of palm lasagna sheets (you can get these on Amazon)
230g fat free shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add carrots, onions, and mushrooms with a dash of salt. Cook until veggies are soft and liquid has cooked off.
- Add oregano, basil, and pasta sauce to the veggie mixture. Keep cooking on medium-low while you prep the other ingredients.
- In a blender, combine 300g cottage cheese, egg whites, roasted peppers, and garlic. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and add 240g of cottage cheese. Set aside.
- Place a layer of zucchini on the bottom of the 9x13 pan. This should be all of your zucchini.
- Place a thin layer of the veggie mixture on top, followed by a drizzle of the cottage cheese mixture and a sprinkle of cheese. Place a layer of Palmini lasagna over that. Repeat layering of veggies, cheese sauce and shredded cheese twice. You’ll end up with 3 layers total, finishing with shredded cheese - it's ok if layering isn’t perfectly even.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.